Director of Women’s Hockey Operations; August 2017-Present
- Coordinates all team travel, including itineraries, team meals, payments, rooming lists, meeting locations, and ticket lists while adhering to travel budget
- Team and staff management, scheduling and communicating with staff and players on all matters: games, practices, lifts, meetings, special events, etc.
- Developed a marketing and social media plan to be among the best in women’s hockey. Developed an image and brand for Colgate Women’s Hockey. Consistently attracts new followers and recruits to follow the program on social media.
- Coordinates annual retreat to build trust and teambuilding among players and staff. Organized a scavenger hunt to challenge players to work together in ways that would reveal their personalities and performances in intense situations, which was used by coaches for on-ice strategy.
- Video coordination and distribution while adhering to the AWHCA and ECAC video exchange policies.
- Works in conjunction with coaching staff on all aspects of Colgate camps
- Ensures the program adheres to all NCAA compliance guidelines for recruiting, participation and other matters
General Manager, Boston Blades Professional Hockey;
May 2015-August 2017
- Responsible for all day to day team operations of a professional women’s hockey team, including hiring and retaining coaches, game day staff and volunteers; recruiting all players.
- Oversaw $100,000 annual budget; fundraised $40,000 annually through game day promotions and special events
- Coordinated all team scheduling, acquired sponsorships, and generally promoted women’s professional hockey in the Boston area through community outreach
- Responsible for marketing, including social media, print and e-mail, to raise awareness of the team and get fans to games
Marketing Director, The Hockey Academy; August 2012-February 2016
- Oversaw all public relations and marketing matters for adult hockey leagues, youth and adult tournaments, the New England Stars youth and junior program, and the Maine Wild youth and junior program.
- Created and managed all web and social media content for the New England Stars and Maine Wild, including articles, photos and videos.
- Established numerous social media platforms for the company and increased Facebook likes by 150% for The Hockey Academy and 46% for the New England Stars.
- Formed the Winter Classic outdoor pond hockey style tournaments for both youth and adults, which sold out in two weeks the first year and continues to be one of the most successful Hockey Academy tournaments.
- Created the company’s first ever adult women’s hockey league
- Annually organized “Paint the Rink Pink” charity hockey game hosted by the New England Stars, which raised more than $7,000 annually for Dana Farber Cancer Research.
- Created weekly e-mail marketing campaigns and newsletters
- Oversaw all adult league operations including scheduling, referee and timekeeper scheduling, and disciplinary action.
- Worked with coaches to hire and oversee interns and game day staff for the New England Stars and Maine Wild
Local Editor, Patch.com, a former property of AOL; June 2010-August 2012
- Responsible for covering the town of Chelmsford and posting at least five to seven pieces of content per day to chelmsford.patch.com.
- Covered all matters from town news/politics, government meetings, elections and courts, to small-town staples such as scarecrow contests and charity events.
- Edited photos and video; used a content management system for uploading content
- Increased engagement on the website by increasing comments, community bloggers, and social media interaction.
- Live blogged the 2011 Hockey East Championship Finals between Merrimack and Boston College, one of the first and most successful live blogs ever on Patch.
- Continuously increased the number of unique visitors, returning visitors and page views per visitor every month as an editor.
Reporter, March 2009-June 2010
- Covered the towns of Medway, Mendon, and Upton for the Milford Daily News. Covered matters including town government, elections, cops, courts, and other feature stories. Filled in when needed by writing articles for the MetroWest Daily News, and other surrounding weekly newspapers.